Thursday, July 15, 2010

Project Seven: You say stop, and I say go, go, go

Back in elementary school, my friends and I used to phone each other in order to coordinate matching outfits that we would wear to school the next day. Twin days, we'd call them. The outfits themselves were always pretty simple; the important thing was that we matched. But that's all in the past. These days I leave the matching outfits to Mother-daughter pageant teams.*
*Some incriminating family photos might suggest otherwise. 

However, when it comes to photographs, I still appreciate some coordination in the way of facial expressions. I guess I just like to know pretend that the subjects in a portrait are on the same emotional page (emotions, in this case, range from "happy to be here" to "not so happy to be here").

Which takes me to one of my favorite picture-taking games (i.e., the only picture-taking game I know of). In the game, two friends pose for two pictures: in the first picture they each pretend to be the other person, imitating what they think of as the other's "go-to" photo pose. In the second picture, they smile "naturally," using their afore-imitated go-to pose. 

Picture #1: 
An imperfect fit: posing in someone else's go-to
 He says go big. She says go smirk.

Picture #2:
Acting naturally
She tries for big; he goes for the grin. 

These are all good and fun, but what if you want to have both options in a more twin-friendly format?
No problem. 
PSG can take your favorite faces/hair/elements from two (or more) similar photographs and combine them to create your ideal, matchy-matchy picture.

Shall we complete this project with a bang?
 

...or a whimper?


Well, whichever one it is, at least they're in it together. 

1 comment: